1st Line Support Technician
Techary looks to redefine the way customers procure, implement, and support their technology estate. Our slogan “Technology, done differently” embodies our belief that the way technology is supported needs to innovate and that today’s customer requires more than the traditional MSP / VAR approach offers.
We are a young, ambitious and growing company with global presence. Our customers range from small start-ups that engage us to design and manage their entire stack, through to global enterprises that depend on us for vital infrastructure. We’ve helped customers expand across the globe, support infrastructure that powers financial markets and migrate mission-critical workloads.
Being part of our start-up like culture, you’ll gain exposure to all areas of the business that will help develop your career, with the backing of your peers and the wider team.
We operate four distinct business units to enable this, they are:
Managed IT IT Projects Procurement Resourcing
With offices currently in the UK, Netherlands and US, we’re on a growth mission to continue our success to date.
- Providing 1st line diagnostics “quick fixes” where appropriate
- Ensuring tickets are updated on a daily basis with all relevant information
- Contacting customers by phone, email and ticketing system efficiently
- Escalating issues to 2nd and 3rd line technicians as well as assisting with resolution for future knowledge
- Keeping the internal customer knowledge base up to date
- Documenting new fixes when found
- Resolving customer tickets within the SLA
- To assist the Technical Operations Lead and business with any IT related queries
- Assist on the delivery of projects with senior colleagues
Our customers are located all around the UK, and in some instances, across the world. Although you will be predominantly on the support desk, you will be expected to travel occasionally to customer premises, with travel expenses, overnight stays and subsistence allowances provided.
Skills / Experience / Qualifications
We expect our technicians to have a competent knowledge or an understanding of the following:
- Microsoft 365 admin
- Windows OS support
- MAC OS support
- G Suite
- Endpoint security – Anti-virus, malware
- Device build
- VPN configuration and management
- Basic understanding of VoIP & connectivity
- Hardware repairs, break fix competent
- Active directory
- Basic networking understanding
- Basic Info Sec principle understanding
Willingness to learn
- VM Ware / Hyper V
- Windows Server 2019 / 2016 / 2012
- Endpoint Management – Microsoft Intune, ConnectWise Automate
- DHCP and DNS, TCP / IP
- Network Infrastructure (Switches, Routers and Firewalls)
- Email Security
- Group policy design, implementation, management
The suitable candidate will have some IT experience, be competent in handling IT issues and demonstrate an exceptional level of customer service.
Previous IT experience is essential, with certifications or qualifications desired. Attention to detail will be obsessive and ensuring communication lines and stakeholders are kept up-to-date is essential.
- Change and innovation: looking for ways to improve what we do, engaging in and adapting to change and being aware of and managing risk.
- Delivering results: using and planning the resources you have responsibility for to ensure delivery of agreed plans and priorities.
- Problem solving: identifying, understanding, resolving and learning from problems.
- Accountability: taking responsibility for your actions and behaviour using feedback to learn and develop
- Teamwork: contributing to and supporting your team utilising individual and shared learning and development.
- Effective relationships: understanding how your behaviour affects others, showing trust, and collaborating positively.
- Two-way communication: understanding and listening to others whilst communicating effectively using appropriate channels.
At Techary, we embrace a family culture and really do believe in working as a team to overcome any challenge we face.
Employee benefits include:
- Birthday as a free day holiday
- Pension scheme
- Social events run throughout the year
- Learning & Development courses paid for (Microsoft, Cisco etc)
- Opportunity to work throughout the UK and internationally
- Gym membership and private healthcare offered after one years’ service
- Free breakfast, snacks and drinks (Nando’s Fridays)
Reports to: Technical Operations Lead
Salary Range: Between £20,000 and £25,000 dependent on experience.