Deployed Support Engineer
Techary looks to redefine the way customers procure, implement, and support their technology estate. We embrace a view of “Technology, done differently” – we believe that the way technology is supported needs to innovate and that today’s customer requires more than the traditional MSP / VAR approach.
We are a young, ambitious and growing company with global presence. Our customers range from small start-ups that engage us to design and manage their entire stack, through to global enterprises that depend on Techary for vital infrastructure. We’ve helped customers expand across the globe, support infrastructure that powers financial markets and migrate mission-critical workloads.
Being part of our start-up feel culture, you’ll have exposure that will help develop your career, with the backing of your peers and team.
We operate four distinct business units to enable this, namely:
Managed IT IT Projects Procurement Resourcing
We’re an established company with offices in the UK and US. We are on a growth mission to continue our success to date.
We’re looking for a support engineer to form part of a dedicated client solution, working full time for one customer, that helps to deliver a next-generation level of support to our end-users.
Our customer is a global fin-tech company, with over 400 users. You’ll be considered an extension of the internal team, whilst benefiting from working within Techary, allowing for escalations, training, and growth within your role.
You’ll be competent working with Apple environments for global companies and have a focus on how we are delivering exceptional customer service.
With exposure to a wide variety of technologies and solutions, you’ll be proactive to resolve issues and provide input into suggested automation and improvements that ultimately will lead to a more positive support experience for end customers.
This role is available for fully remote, as well as occasional visits to Techary and the end customer, if required (London).
- Efficiently and effectively troubleshoot and resolve daily IT issues reported by end-users.
- Track open tickets, prioritize, and document resolution of end-user requests.
- Troubleshoot problems in networks, applications, and hardware.
- Make sure all our users and devices are compliant with our security standards.
- Use of MDM to manage the lifecycle of the deployed assets.
- Ownership and autonomy: we give engineers problems to solve rather than specifications to implement, end to end ownership (deciding on the solution, implementing it, releasing it, maintaining it)
- You’ll be a key component in how Techary supports the end customer and you’ll thrive of the satisfaction of delivering a great service.
Skills / Experience / Qualifications
- Key technologies used:
- Jira (full Atlassian Suite)
- Mac OS X
- Google Suite
- Extensive amount of IT experience with macOS
- Confident with Apple Device Enrolment Programme as well as manual device configuration approaches
- Experience packaging and deploying Mac and iOS applications
- You are passionate about helping out people – be it solving an issue or teaching them how to do something – you love people and helping them.
- You don’t mind getting your hands dirty – you like to get involved with all aspects of IT and everything that comes with it. No job is too big or small for you.
- You have experience with Zoom rooms, event set ups and management
- You like to build automation to setup, configure and manage our growing fleet of devices.
- You’re a team player and enjoy working towards a common mission.
Good to have
- Experience with Fin Tech / Growing Global Start-ups
At Techary, we are a young, dynamic and growing company. We embrace a family culture and really do believe in working as a team to overcome any challenge we face.
We reward our staff, and inclusive of:
- Birthday as a free day holiday
- Pension scheme
- Social events run throughout the year
- Learning & Development courses paid (Microsoft, Cisco etc)
- Opportunity to work throughout the UK and internationally
- Gym membership and private healthcare offered after one years’ service
- Free breakfast, snacks and drinks (Nando’s Friday’s)
Reports to: Technical Operations Lead