Senior Support Engineer
Techary looks to redefine the way customers procure, implement, and support their technology estate. We embrace a view of “Technology, done differently” – we believe that the way technology is supported needs to innovate and that today’s customer requires more than the traditional MSP / VAR approach.
We are a young, ambitious and growing company with global presence. Our customers range from small start-ups that engage us to design and manage their entire stack, through to global enterprises that depend on Techary for vital infrastructure. We’ve helped customers expand across the globe, support infrastructure that powers financial markets and migrate mission-critical workloads.
Being part of our start-up feel culture, you’ll have exposure that will help develop your career, with the backing of your peers and team.
We operate four distinct business units to enable this, namely:
Managed IT IT Projects Procurement Resourcing
We’re an established company with offices in the UK and US. We are on a growth mission to continue our success to date.
We are looking for a Senior Support Technician to join our team.
We are looking for energetic, forward thinking IT professionals to join us on our journey. We don’t operate like many traditional VARs / MSP / IT providers, we operate with a vibrant culture and all get involved to help support our customers.
You will work in a shared environment, helping our customers with their day-to-day issues, as well as be involved in projects and deployments. With a passion for support and helping others, you’ll be providing a range of support functions that in turn help deliver our highly reputable standard of customer service.
You should be a highly organised individual, with the ability to complete tasks with a high level of accuracy and agility and be committed to seeing every project through to it’s completion.
Communication should be one of your greatest strengths, and you should excel at being able to review a situation or project, take a fair and level-headed approach, and give input and assistance into producing the required business outcome.
- Logging and managing overflow support tickets via phone and email ensuring that each ticket contains the correct information such as; full description of issue, company, contact details, support board, status, ticket type, ticket subtype, agreement and SLA
- Ensuring all tickets via phone and email are picked up in a timely manner
- Provide excellent customer service to all end customers via phone and email
- Ensure assigned tickets are fully updated on at least a daily basis or after every update
- Recognize tickets that require escalation, things such as; VIP users, high priority tickets
- Ensuring documentation is created, kept up to date and accurate
- Be the main point of escalation for 1st & 2nd line technicians as well as apprentices
- Proving senior technical support to more complex tickets as well providing quick fixes where required, escalations
- Providing support for complex networking issues
- Software deployment & configuration
- Testing and implementing approved change requests
- Provide feedback and recommendations to management on re-occurring issues
- Assist with technical projects where required
- Always maintain a strong customer focus
- Continuously improve knowledge and understanding across the various technologies
Our customers are located all around the UK, and in some instances, across the world. Although you will be predominantly on the support desk, you will be expected to travel occasionally to customer premises, with travel expenses, overnight stays and subsistence allowances provided.
Skills / Experience / Qualifications
- VMWare / Hyper V
- Windows Server 2019 / 2016 / 2012
- Endpoint Management (Microsoft Intune, JAMF Pro)
- ADDS, DHCP and DNS, TCP / IP
- Network Infrastructure (Switches, Routers and Firewalls)
- Microsoft 365 Setup, Configuration, Migration and Management
- Endpoint Security (Anti-virus, malware protection)
- Backup Technologies (Barracuda, Acronis, Azure ideally)
- Windows 10, Windows 7, MAC OS
- Group policy design, implementation, management
- VPN configurations and management
- VOIP & Connectivity
- InfoSec Principals
- GSuite administration
- Email Security (Mimecast, Barracuda ideally)
- Hardware repairs, break fix competent
- Endpoint Management additional (ConnectWise Automate & N-Able)
- Change and innovation: looking for ways to improve what we do, engaging and adapting to change and being aware of and managing risk
- Delivering results: using and planning the resources you have responsibility for to ensure delivery of agreed plans and priorities.
- Problem solving: identifying, understanding, resolving and learning from
- Accountability: taking responsibility for your actions and behaviour using feedback to learn and develop
- Teamwork: contributing to and supporting your team utilising individual and shared learning and
- Effective relationships: understanding how your behaviour affects others, showing trust, and collaborating positively.
- Two-way communication: understanding and listening to others whilst communicating effectively using appropriate channels.
At Techary, we are a young, dynamic and growing company. We embrace a family culture and really do believe in working as a team to overcome any challenge we face.
We reward our staff, and inclusive of:
- Birthday as a free day holiday
- Pension scheme
- Social events run throughout the year
- Learning & Development courses paid (Microsoft, Cisco etc)
- Opportunity to work throughout the UK and internationally
- Gym membership and private healthcare offered after one years’ service
- Free breakfast, snacks and drinks (Nando’s Friday’s)
Reports to: Technical Operations Lead
Salary Range: Between £30,000 and £35,000 dependent on experience.